Saturday, September 23, 2017

🎺Feast of Trumpets 🎺

I enjoy learning about my other friends beliefs and traditions. This past week my friend celebrated what my friend calls the Feast of Trumpets 🎺 and what the calendar calls Rosh Hashanah. Pinterest helped me plan a menu fit for this feast and it turned out quite good.


For the roast you will need:

  • Chicken roast
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • Rosemary, fresh
  • 3/4 cup vegetable broth


  1. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the chicken roast to the dish. Add the butter to the center of the chicken and sprinkle the chicken with the rosemary. I also added garlic and onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt, all purpose seasoning, Italian seasoning for a seasoning to the chicken. This helped give some flavor to the skin of the roast and we all had a piece of the skin and it was delicious 😋 
  2. Bake it in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees. As all ovens are different make sure to check the roast by using a thermometer to test the temperature. If needed continue to cook until done. Towards the end I ended up covering the back of the chicken roast. I also added 2 tbsp of flour and stirred it into the broth to form a gravy. This is great drizzled over the chicken roast when it is finished. 


For the cinnamon apples

  • 2 apples
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • Honey


  1. Wash the apples, using a apple cutter cut the apple into slices and remove the core
  2. Sprinkle the apples with the sugar and spice and drizzle lightly with the honey. 
  3. Stir the apples, spices, and honey to combine. 
  4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or till tender and soft. 
  5. Serve while warm


This recipe goes great with stuffing and Brussel sprouts. When I played the chicken I put apples on both sides of the chicken roast after drizzling the chicken with the gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...