Friday, November 17, 2017

🍔Cheeseburger Meatloaf🍔

Lately, I have been trying out the low carb diet and to be honest I am really liking it. This is a low carb meatloaf idea that I got off Pinterest and decided to try it out. I prepped it last night and it was super simple to prep;however, I also altered it a bit too.

For the past few weeks I have been dealing with recovery from an upper respiratory infection and so my time in the kitchen has been cut down a bit. Last night when I prepped this dish I decided to experiment with it a little. My experiments I will label as optional so you can decide to try it or not. It’s up to you! My friends like cheese and one has a hard time with beef digesting so maybe my changes will help her out a bit. 

So here it is...cheeseburger meatloaf 🍔 

Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef (93% is what I prefer to use)
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I substituted this for Italian shredded cheese)
2 tsps salt and black pepper
1 tsp garlic and onion powder
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
(Optional) 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
(Optional) 4 slices of Kraft cheese slices 🧀 
(Optional) 1/2 cup spinach, fresh

Directions:
1️⃣ combine all ingredients into the bowl and mix to combine. Be careful not to overstir to where the mixture becomes tough.  2️⃣ once you have thoroughly combined everything, add in the cheese blocks. 2️⃣-1️⃣At this stage I laid two Kraft singles on top of the layer of hamburger meat and than topped it with another layer of meat for the first meatloaf. 2️⃣-2️⃣ the remaining hamburger I added to another meatloaf dish, layered the cheese on and topped the cheese 🧀 with spinach 😋 I than added 1 cup Italian cheese over the top and sprinkled with breadcrumbs. 🙊 

Sounds so tempting doesn’t it? 😬 

I refrigerated it overnight to let the flavors develop and this afternoon I put it in a preheated oven (350 degrees) and let it bake for approximately 30 minutes or till thoroughly cooked. Let me just say while I am blogging this recipe the meatloaf is cooking and it smells AMAZING 😉 it smells like an actual cheeseburger. I really hope my friends enjoy this and you do too. If you try this out let me know what you think 🤔 💭 in the comment section below. 👇🏻



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...