Thursday, December 10, 2015

Homemade Apple & Cinnamon Applesauce

With it being the week of Hanukkah this recipe could not have come at a better time. I checked my Foodstirs monthly email and found this delicious recipe. I thought I would give it a try to go along with latkes. It has the perfect sweetness to satisfy the sweet tooth and you control the ingredients.


Ingredients:

  • 4 apples (I used six)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup water 
  • 1 tbsp coconut sugar

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
  2. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
  3. Mash with a potato masher or for a smoother texture, purée in a blender.

Recipe is from Foodstirs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...