Sunday, February 28, 2016

21 Day Fix Broccoli & Cheddar Soup

Pinterest is one of my favorite places to find new recipes to try out. This recipe is no exception, thank you Pinterest & The Foodie & the Fix for this recipe idea. I have never made a broccoli cheddar soup. I have always wanted to try it and the bonus is that it is 21 Day Fix friendly. Hello portion control containers.
Who says you can't enjoy the foods you like? No calorie counting or point counting, there is also no need to sacrifice foods that you like. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I know my friends and I did.

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of frozen, steamable broccoli (cooked according to the package instructions.) 
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 1/2 onion (white or yellow)
  • 1 package cauliflower ( I used fresh)
  • 4 cups broth ( I used 2 cups of chicken & 2 vegetable)
  • 1/2 cup celery, chopped
  • 1/2 cup green onion, chopped


Directions:
  1. Chop carrots in a food processor or blender, add celery, 1/2 cauliflower, onion and continue to chop.
  2. Chop broccoli, and remaining cauliflower into small pieces
  3. Add all of the ingredients to a sprayed crock pot.
  4. Add the broth to the vegetables and cook on low for 8 hours or more. 
  5. When you are ready to serve top with cheese & ENJOY
If you would like your own set of portion control ccontainers you can click the picture below to order your very own set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...