Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Stawberry Crisp

Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits and I had some extras laying around that I didn't want to go to waste. I decided to browse Pinterest for a dessert that was healthy and that could use up the strawberries. I was a little hesitant about this recipe but it turned out to be a delicious treat. If you are looking for a simple dessert this was a hit with my friends.


Ingredients:

  • 1 package of strawberries, rinsed and quartered
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 cup of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted


Directions:


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spay a square baking dish with cooking spray
  3. In a bowl toss the strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, and cornstarch
  4. Place the berry mixture into the pan
  5. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, 1/3 cup of sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt
  6. Add the melted butter into the mixture and combine
  7. Pour the oatmeal mixture over the berries
  8. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and the berries are bubbling.
  9. Serve immediately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...