Friday, March 6, 2015

The Myth Behind Egg Terms

As a life coach and someone who is working to get healthier, something I have found to be important along the way is learning to eat healthier. I am trying to kick out a lot of processed foods, and foods with GMO's. I have been eating cage free eggs for about a year now, and of course I thought it was better for me to eat these but then today I came across this video that I am about to share with you and it has opened my eyes and debunked the myths.




So what is the difference between cage free, chickens that are caged, or pasteurized?


Regular eggs that can be bought at the store come from chickens that live in cages in less than adequate circumstances. Cage free eggs are slightly better for you, but not like I once thought. Cage free means they do not live in a cage, but how is their environment? Free range eggs come from chickens that can live in a bigger home but is exposed to a very limited space for them to wander around, walk, and live. Pastured chickens are outside, living on the grass, running around. Pastured eggs come from small farmers, this is the type of egg that is better when it comes to buying eggs that are truly better. 

Now that the myth has been debunked, does this help you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...