Sunday, May 3, 2015

Honey Dijon Chicken Breasts

So this week is the kickstart of the Memorial Day Fix fitness challenge and it is also the start of my five day clean eating challenge. This is one of the delicious recipes that I am trying out for the challenge. The house smelled so good as the chicken was baking in the oven. 


This recipe is super simple to make and needs very few ingredients. To make this recipe you will need the following:


  • 1 pack of chicken breasts-I used organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 tpsp 100% pure honey
  • garlic
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1/3 cup of dijon mustard
  • parsley (dried or fresh) to top before baking


Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In an oven safe casserole dish place the chicken
  3. To make this 21 Day Fix approved I added 3 tsp of honey to an orange container and filled it with the mustard. I used a spoon to spread the honey dijon mixture over the chicken to cover it. Lastly, before it was ready to go into the oven I sprinkled it with dried parsley. 
For the 21 Day Fix:

Chicken = 1 red container
Mustard= free food 
Honey + Mustard = 1 orange container
garlic, pepper, parsley = free food

I paired the honey mustard chicken with broccoli as a side and added fresh fruit as a side.


Parmesean Broccoli


  • Frozen Steamable broccoli or fresh broccoli steamed
  • 1/4 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp parmesean cheese



  1. Steam frozen/fresh broccoli
  2. top with the olive oil, garlic and parmesean cheese
  3. Stir together to mix
  4. Serve & ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...