Thursday, April 28, 2016

Coconut Steamed Veggies


This is a 3 Day Refresh side recipe that sounded pretty good. I do not like boiling my vegetables so I am not going to be using the recipe exactly. I have included the original recipe and the version that I made so that you can make it how you like. I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:

  • *1/2 cup water
  • *1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli or green beans
  • *1/2 cup sliced carrot
  • *1/2 cup fresh cauliflower
  • 1/2 tsp coconut oil
  • If you do not have cocnut oil you can subsitute with extra virgin olive oil.
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt.
  • *You can use Steamfresh vegetables in place of the fresh vegetables 



Directions:

  1. *Add water to a saucepan and bring to a boil
  2. *Add broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower to the saucepan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
  3. To serve place vegetables in a serving bowl. Add coconut oil and salt; toss to gently coat.
*If you used Steamable vegetables rather than fresh microwave them according to the package directions and then add the coconut oil and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...