Monday, May 16, 2016

Healthy Choices Begin Within

Before I began this journey I wasn't eating healthy at all. I thought that it meant that I would have to give up foods that I liked to eat and I wasn't ready for that. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. Healthy eating is where seeing your goals comes to pass begins. It is not enough to work out & than when you are in the kitchen eat fast food, fake food, or junk.
As a college student I know it can be tough with making time to eat healthier. Time however, can also be used an excuse. Both of these meals I am going to share with you are time and college friendly, or if you work they are work friendly.


Peanut Banana 🍌 Chia Toast

Ingredients

Whole wheat bread
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 medium banana, sliced
2 tbsp chia seeds

Directions

Place bread in the toaster & cook to your liking. When done spread on the peanut butter, top with the banana & chia seeds.

For dinner I got inspired by a Pinterest recipe but added a little of my own twist to it.

Ingredients

2 slices of bread
2 pieces of turkey bacon, cooked
1 cup of salad mix-(I used 50/50 mix)
1 piece of sliced cheese
1/2 avocado
1 cup of tomato soup
1 tbsp butter
Optional for a salad: tomato, mushrooms, cranberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, dressing

Directions

Cook turkey bacon until it is cooked
Add toast to a medium skillet with 1 tbsp butter to coat the pan. Add the bread & begin adding the cheese, bacon, and a handful of salad mix. Lastly, add avocado and cook as you would a grilled cheese.
For sides I made a side salad with the 1 cup of greens, tomato, mushrooms, & nuts & paired it with a hot bowl of tomato soup.

Simple recipes that are healthy, nutritious, and easy for a busy schedule. Hope you all enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...