Monday, May 30, 2016

Red, White, & Blue American Toast


Today I am thankful for the brave men and women who have served this nation and paid the ultimate price. Freetdom isn't free. My thoughts & prayers go out to the families who have lost a loved one. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Because it is memorial day weekend I liked this recipe because it was in the shape of our flag. It is also a healthy recipe idea that will help me stay on target with my health and fitness goals. The recipe is simple to make and was a hit with friends.


Ingredients:

  • Whole wheat toast
  • Fresh fruit or frozen fruit: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, banana
  • Peanut Butter, almond butter, or hazlenut spread
Directions:

  1. Place toast in the toaster & cook until desired crispness.
  2. Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter to the toast (or any of the other butters or spreads) 
  3. Add blueberries to the corner of the toast. Apply raspberries or strawberries for the red in the flag, add the banana, keep layering til the toast is covered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...