Sunday, June 26, 2016

Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies

This week was one of those weeks where I wanted chocolate. I didn't want to eat candy bars though, because I wanted to stay on track with my 21 Day Fix meal plan. I have been enjoying the Sinful cookies so far for the past couple of days. They are oh so good and sinful when warm. Tomorrow I am going to prepare the batter to try this recipe out. I can't wait because the picture from Pinterest makes the recipe look good.



Serves: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugarr
1 tsp  vanilla extra extract
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the coconut oil, and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate dough for 2 hours to overnight
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line cookie sheets with parchment paper
Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...