Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Herbed Prime Rib

In our family we have a tradition of eating prime rib for Christmas. With all of the work from Thanksgiving my friends and I decided to order our dinner from our local Harris Teeter. Dinner was absolutely delicious. My friends and I like our meat flavorful so I used this recipe from McCormick to give the meat a little extra flavor.
I will add the full recipe for making the prime rib in case anyone reading this post does not have the full cooked prime rib.

Ingredients:

2 tbsp basil
2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp crushed ground black pepper
1 (5-6 lb) boneless beef rib roast
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sea salt

Directions:

Mix the first five ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside, trim excess fat from the top of the beef,  leaving a layer of fat (1/4 inch thick). Place roasting a rack in a shallow pan. Brush the meat with oil and sprinkle with salt and coat with the seasoning mixture.
Roast the meat in a preheated oven at 350° til the meat reaches 135° for medium rare, 150° for medium. Cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.

Side ideas: mashed potatoes,  stuffing, beef gravy, collards or spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...