Thursday, December 1, 2016

Keto Burger Night

This week I am trying out the ketogenic diet, it is a low carb diet that helps convert the food I eat into energy rather than fat. It is just a trial right now to see if I notice any changes.

Makes: 4 burgers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-30 minutes



Ingredients: 

  • 1 lb of ground beef
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • I also added:
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning


Directions:

  1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and combine the seasonings with the meat to help bring out the flavors.
  2. Shape into patties and spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray
  3. Add the patties to the skillet and place in the preheated oven.
  4. Cook the burgers til brown or to your liking.
  5. Remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving.

I paired the burgers with  zucchini fries and Italian veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...