Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Turkey Tetrazzini

Part of this journey that I have been on since 2014 means that I work to eat healthier a majority of the time. No, my nutrition is not always perfect, especially, during the holidays when I cave into things I would not normally eat on a non-holiday. So this recipe is a light twist to a classic. This is perfect to use to get rid of those Thanksgiving leftovers.


Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 10 oz, mushrooms
  • 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • spaghetti
  • 2 cups of cooked or shredded turkey
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and cook until the vegetables soften. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
  2. Pour the chicken stock and milk into the pot, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook until almost al-dente, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked turkey meat and finish cooking until the pasta is done. 
  3. Take the pot off the heat, stir in the sour cream, butter, and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...