Thursday, April 27, 2017

Five Ingredient Rotisserie Chicken

I enjoy simple recipes that are budget friendly, easy to make, and can be enjoyed by my friends. I got the idea from Foodie Crush, but made some alterations to it as well.

Place the rotisserie chicken in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours. In the bottom of the crock pot I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley. I also added about 1/2 a cup of fat free chicken broth.

Ingredients

  • 1 rotisserie chicken
  • 4 tbsp butter, softened
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 2 sprigs of rosemary
  • 1/2 cup of lemon juice 


  1. After removing the chicken from the crock pot. Remove the chicken and place it in a Dutch oven. 
  2. Mash 2 tbsp of butter and gently press in the rosemary and mix to combine the butter. Add the remaining butter and press in the rosemary. Spread the butter mixture all over the chicken. 
  3. Add the quartered onions to the inside and along the outer edges of the chicken. 
  4. Sprinkle the chicken with fresh rosemary
  5. Allow to finish cooking for an hour to two hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...