Monday, April 10, 2017

Slow Cooker Turkey Chops

I found this recipe on Pinterest from the Country Cook. I am making a couple of alterations to this recipe as I am not a fan of pork. I will be making this with turkey chops, which can be found at Wal-Mart or your local Neighborhood Market. I can't wait to try it out because the pictures from the Country Cook made it look good out of all the recipes that I saw. I will be making this for dinner tomorrow evening. What could be better than a simple meal thrown together in the crock pot?



Ingredients

  • 4 turkey OR bone-in pork chops
  • 1 oz packet onion soup mix
  • 1 14 oz can chicken broth, low sodium
  • 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
  • 1 oz packet dry pork/ turkey gravy mix
  • 1 tsp garlic powder

  • To thicken gravy:
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch
  • 3 tbsp cold water

Instructions


  1. In a 5-6 quart oval slow cooker, combine onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pork gravy mix.
  2. Whisk together until combined.
  3. Season both sides of the chops with a little bit of garlic powder.
  4. Place pork chops into the slow cooker.
  5. Do your best to spread them out and cover with the gravy mixture.
  6. Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.
  7. Just before the chops are done - whisk together the corn starch and cold water in a small bowl. Once it is smooth, pour it in with your pork chops in the slow cooker and stir gently.
  8. Cover and switch the slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes (until gravy has thickened.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...