Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms


This month I have been working in raising my iron levels through taking a multi-vitamin and eating foods that are rich in iron based foods. This was one of the recipes that I tried out thanks to Pinterest. I liked the spinach artichoke filling, but I wasn't crazy about the mushroom 🍄 base. The mushroom base was a little to mushroomy for me.




Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2-4 medium portobello mushrooms (stems and gills removed)
  • 1 package of frozen chopped spinach OR 1 package of creamed spinach
  • 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tbsp sour cream
  • 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions:


  1. Brush mushrooms with the olive oil, place on a baking pan in the center of the oven. Broil for five minutes, or til tender.
  2. Squeeze cooked spinach to remove excess water
  3. Mix together the spinach, artichoke, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until combined. 
  4. Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and fill until evenly distributed
  5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...