Sunday, July 16, 2017

πŸ‘€No Peak Stew BeefπŸ‘€

So this weekend I planned out my menu for the next two weeks and today I went shopping to get the groceries that are needed. I am really excited to try out some of these new recipes. My inspiration of course comes from my favorite site, Pinterest. So dinner tonight was supposed to be steak with a healthy-ish carb πŸ™Š and a veggie. Sadly, however, things did not go quite to planned.

While it would have been easier to eat junk food or grab something fast I chose to stick with what I laid out but added a little bit of a twist with Pinterests help! I needed something with minimal work and ingredients that this sleep deprived college student πŸ‘¨‍πŸŽ“ could make while catching some πŸ’€ 😴 due to a lack of sleep last night. 

This recipe was perfect and I would highly recommend it. The meat came out tender, juicy, and flavorful. It took less than 10 minutes to prep and baked for 3 1/2 hours πŸ’πŸ»



Ingredients:

1 lb of Stew Beef (you can also use steak, cut thinly)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup 
1 packet of brown gravy
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 cup of water 
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp Garlic powder, onion powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and add the beef to the dish. 
Season the beef with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine all the flavors from the ingredients and set aside. 
In a medium bowl add the water, gravy, onion soup mixture, and cream of mushroom soup
Whisk the ingredients together till combined
Pour the soup mixture over the beef and stir one last time.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and allow it to cook for 3 1/2 hours 

πŸ‘€REMEMBER NO PEAKING πŸ‘€
The no peaking will be hard when the house or apartment begins to smell like the recipe but trust me it is worth the wait! 
Once the recipe is finished give it a final stir and serve it while hot. You can pair this with mashed potatoes, egg noodles, rice, and any veggie you like. ENJOY!!! 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...