Monday, August 14, 2017

Turkey Kielbasa & Cabbage

I have tried to start using up food that I have at home before buying new stuff. Before, I would see recipes that I wanted to try out and sadly I didn't have all the ingredients which means that I was spending more money 💰  💰 than I really needed too. Now that I realize it I have started coming up with meals that go with what I have at home. This has greatly reduced my grocery bill which helps. 

Tonight's dinner is another meal you can make on a budget and it can be on the table in 30 minutes. This is a win for my college lifestyle. Simple meals are sometimes the best!!!

Ingredients:

1 head of cabbage, roughly chopped
1 onion, quartered
1 package of turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
salt & pepper to taste
Spices: ground mustard, garlic powder
Olive oil

In a large pan add the olive oil to the pan and toss in the sliced kielbasa
Once the kielbasa is browned add in the onion and the cabbage and cook until the cabbage gets soft and cools down. 
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard, and any other spices you want to add. Give it a stir and eat while hot. This goes great with a side of cornbread and we also paired it with some leftover tomatoes and okra and a side of watermelon 🍉 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...