Sunday, August 27, 2017

Zucchini Lasagna

In the past few months I have been trying out ketogenic/ low carb recipes. I have wanted to try zucchini lasagna for awhile but always hesitated. Last night my friends and I tried it out and we were quite surprised of the taste. Next time I would take the skin off of the zucchini but overall I really enjoyed this recipe and hope you do too.


Ingredients

  • 1 pound of ground turkey
  • 1 jar of Classic Garden Vegetable pasta sauce 
  • 5 zucchini, sliced
  • 2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup chopped spinach, cooked
  • Shredded carrots (OPTIONAL)
  • Cooking spray
  • 17 oz of ricotta or cottage cheese
  • Spices: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, oregano, parsley, basil, black pepper and Himalayan salt, red pepper flakes for a little bit of a kick


Directions

  1. In a pan sauté the peppers, onion and cook till tender
  2. Add in the spinach and carrots and cook till tender
  3. Place the vegetables in a bowl and set aside
  4. Cook the ground turkey. After the turkey is cooked add in the tomatoes and 1/3 cup of the pasta sauce. Allow it to cook on low for about 30 minutes.
  5. Spray a 9x13 dish and add some of the tomato sauce to the bottom of the dish.
  6. Add the sliced zucchini over the sauce
  7. Add the ricotta cheese over the top of the zucchini and top with the sauce
  8. Place another layer of zucchini; add sauce and top with cheese
  9. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes covered. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven and allow it to site for 10-15 minutes to let it sit. 
  10. Serve and Enjoy 😊 

2 comments:

  1. I love this site because I got everything here what I need to keep my life well. visit here for more. http://www.Curilindia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used many time and it not give any types of side effects. https://www.curlindia.com/product-category/sports-fitness/whey-protein-sports-fitness-in-india-at-curlindia.html

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...