Thursday, August 31, 2017

Trout with Lemon Garlic Herb Sauce

Months ago I made this recipe and it was absolutely amazing. Great flavor and simple to make. Find the original recipe from juliasalbum.com. I highly recommend trying out this recipe. We got our rainbow trout at Harris Teeter as they are the best grocery store to get fresh fish in our town. I highly recommend using fresh fish for this recipe instead of frozen; either will work though. I meant to blog this recipe after making it but college has had me a bit busy. I am finally getting caught up on some of the recipes that my friends and I have been enjoying. I can't wait to make this recipe again.


For this recipe you will need:

  • 1-1.5 lbs of rainbow trout or trout
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
  • light salt and pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic, diced
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp white cooking wine
  • 2 tbsp butter, softened
  • 2 tbsp parsley, chopped


Directions:

  1. Season the top of the fish with the Italian seasoning and generously season with salt. If you bought fresh fish than there will be skin on the bottom so you don't have to season the bottom of the fish.
  2. In a large skillet add the 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add the fish with the skin side up and the flesh side of the fish in the oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat til golden brown and then flip them over and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
  3. After the fish is cooked turn the heat off and use a spatula to remove the fish from the pan. Leave the oil in the pan.
  4. Add the garlic, wine, and lemon juice to the pan you cooked the fish in and cook on low heat for about a minute or until the garlic has softened; remove from the heat. Add parsley and butter to the pan off the heat and allow the butter to melt and form a creamy mixture.
  5. Add the fish to the pan and spoon the creamy sauce mixture over the fish. Top with the remaining parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...