Friday, September 1, 2017

Crockpot Taco Soup

As a Californian I enjoy my Mexican cuisine. Tacos are something I really enjoy but I have never had taco soup. So, I found the idea on Pinterest and it is in the slow Cooker cooking up for dinner tomorrow night. I absolutely love crock pots and think they are one of the best inventions of our era. What about you? This is a budget and time friendly dinner.

Ingredients:

1 can of beef broth
1 can of corn, drained
2 cans of tomatoes (I used a diced tomato and a fire roasted salsa from Harris Teeter)
1 can of chili beans with the sauce
1 can of pinto beans, drained
Spices: cumin, garlic and onion powder, red pepper Parmesan, kosher salt, black pepper
1 onion, diced
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1/2 package of ranch mix (dried)
1 lb ground turkey (or any other meat of your choice)
Cheese for topping
OPTIONAL: tortilla chips, green onion, sour cream

In a frying pan cook the meat until it is cooked
Spray the base of the crock pot with cooking spray to prevent sticking
Add the meat to the pot followed by the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, and the spices. Give all the ingredients a stir and allow it to cook on low for eight hours.
Spoon the soup into bowls and serve topped with cheese and chips on the side.
Eat while warm and ENJOY 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...