Monday, November 13, 2017

Copycat Big N’ Toasty

One of my favorite fast food brunches out is the Big N' Toasty from Dunkin Donuts. This morning I was in a hurry to make a breakfast before having to run out the door. Last night I thought about making my own version of the Big N' Toasty and so I did. This is my copycat version of Dunkin Donuts and let me tell you it was delicious. 

My copycat of the Big N' Toasted sandwich

One thing I enjoyed about making my own Big N' Toasty sandwich is that I can get my egg to my own liking, not to mention I know exactly what is in it as far as caloric intake and also the ingredients. Sometimes being willing to make your own food based on what you like to eat out has its advantages. 

This is the Big N' Toasted from Dunkin Donuts

I made my eggs over medium where they were a little runny which made this so good! Dunkin Donuts always cooks the egg a little too long for me as it is more like a hard-boiled egg.

Serves: 2
  • 4 pieces of bread, toasted
  • 4 pieces of bacon, cooked (I used Harris Teeter turkey bacon)
  • 2 slices of Kraft singles cheese
  • 2 eggs, over easy




  1. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the bacon to the skillet
  2. Cook till at your desired texture and remove from the skillet and set aside
  3. Crack an egg into the skillet and also let it cook till your desired texture. I like my eggs a little runny so I made my own over medium. 
  4. While the eggs are cooking toast your bread to your desired taste


Now comes the fun part building your Big N' Toasty.

 I added two pieces of bacon to one of the pieces of toast and topped the other with the egg and cheese. Put the bread pieces together and you have your very own Big N' Toasty sandwich with half of the calories.

The Dunkin Donuts caloric intake is 630 calories
This copycat version is 430 calories

1 comment:

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...