Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Journey with the 21 Day Fix Extreme

This is Week One of the 21 Day Fix Extreme for me. I am still committed to pushing play & getting healthier over the next five months of break. I am currently not coaching right now due to account issues but look forward to re-joining as a coach as of August 17th, 2015. Right now I am enjoying the journey of getting healthier & living healthier. As promised I will be sharing my journey with the 21 Day Fix Extreme with you all. 


To make sure that I am prepared for a successful week with the 21 Day Fix Extreme I did prep week over the weekend. I tried out turkey meatballs and they are delicious with spaghetti. You can find the recipe HERE. I also took my before pictures and measurements for the first week. 
Bring on Week One!!!


 

Day One: March 23rd, 2015


 Kicked off the first day of the 21 Day Fix Extreme with Plyo Fix. It was such a fun workout, loved the first day. The workouts are still 30 minutes, 30 second vs 60 second holds & a longer rest break. My legs were on fire and felt like Jell-O but it was a blast. When you think about stopping Autumn revs you up to keep you pushing. Before long the exercise is over, a rest & you head back in. I am doing the modifier due to knee issues but you can still feel the workouts. 

Day Two: March 24th, 2015: Tuesday was Upper Fix with the original 21 Day Fix due to no resistance band, which you will need with Extreme. Upper Fix provided a great Upper Body Workout with my arms and abs to help me get toned for Summer. I pushed myself with heavier weights for the entire workout, loved the challenge.

Day Three: March 25th, 2015



Day Three of the Extreme journey and I was sore & stiff this morning from the workouts. Another thing I love about the 21 Day Fix Extreme is a change in the workout schedule. In the original today would have been lower fix (LEG DAY) with Extreme it is Pilates day--for me I headed back to PiYo, which is similar to pilates & yoga. 161 calories burned in a 30 minute workout. Legs & arms are not as stiff and sore, Tomorrow is LEG DAY with the 21 Day Fix Extreme, looking forward to a new day to push myself & see what I can achieve in the first week.

Day Four: March 26th, 2015


Lower Fix Extreme in Prep Week. Still adjusting to the moves and the program. But I am loving the journey. I can't wait to see what changes I see on Day 21.

This is the end of Week ZERO (Prep Week) with the 21 Day Fix Extreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...