Thursday, August 4, 2016

Grilled Chicken Summer Salad

I went to the store Monday and had a menu all planned out, the downfall is that I was so not feeling the menu that I planned. That is horrible and had never happened since I began menu planning.

It is super hot & humid in North Carolina which makes it hard to eat heavy food. While shopping for the apartment I found a recipe while looking through coupons and it looked so good. It reminded a friend and I of Panera Bread and the salads that they offer. So tonight I am trying it out.


Ingredients:

  • 3 boneless chicken breasts or 4 chicken tenders.
  • 3/4 cup poppyseed dressing
  • 1 package of salad mix of your choice (I am using spinach and arugula)
  • 1 can Mandarin nn oranges, drained
  • 1 cup strawberries, frozen or fresh
  • 1/4 cup almonds (I am not a huge almond fan so I am replacing this with sunflower seeds.)
  • Seasonings: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper (at Wal-mart you can also buy their garlic & herb chicken breast meat.)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Place chicken on a baking sheet and allow to cook. 
  3. When the chicken is cooked, allow it time to cool. Which provides time to make the salad. 
  4. Add 1 cup salad mix to a bowl or plate, top the salad mix with Mandarin oranges, halved strawberries, sunflower seeds, & top with dressing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...