Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Lactose Free Orange-Cranberry Muffin

As I was cleaning out my refrigerator tonight to get some ingredients to make some coocnut bars and I found this recipe. I will definitely be trying this recipe out over the weekend. I always enjoy trying out new recipes that are healthy and that can help me forward with my health and fitness goals. I hope you all enjoy this recipe if you try it out.



Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Serves: 12

Ingredients:

  • non-stick cooking spray
  • 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup quick rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 4 tbsp lactose free butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 tsp orange peel


Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray. Blend together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. 
  2. Whisk together juice, butter, egg, and vanillain a small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until moistened. Fold in cranberries and orange zest. 
  3. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake for 12 minutes or until a pick comes out clean. Cool for five minutes. Remove from pan; cool on a rack. Serve when cooled and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...