Saturday, June 11, 2016

Slow Cooker Rice Pudding with Peaches

Are you a fan of desserts? I know I am!  Dessert is something that I enjoy, but I enjoy trying to make it healthier as I am on a journey to living a healthier lifestyle.

The picture on the recipe first caught my attention as it looked good. After reviewing the ingredients I realized I had everything to try it out. So the pudding is in the crock pot slow cooking away.


Prep time: 10 minutes 
⏰Cook time: 7 hours 45 min.
🍴Serves: 10

Ingredients:

  • 8 cups milk
  • 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
  • cooking spray
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt 
  • 3 peaches, sliced
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon


Directions:

  1. Spray slow cooker pot with cooking spray.
  2. Combine milk, rice, sugar, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, & vanilla bean.
  3. Stir all ingredients together, cover & cook on low for 7 1/2 hours. 
  4. Remove vanilla bean & cinnamon stick
  5. Add sliced peaches, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Greek Style Chicken

Need a simple dinner? You have got to try out this recipe. The chicken is flavorful and tender I highly recommend this recipe. I paired it ...